In light of the evolving situation around Coronavirus (COVID-19), all in-person community dialogues and pop-up events at UBC have been postponed. We encourage you to shift dialogues already planned online. The timeline for the engagement process is under review; check back for updates.
Please check UBC.ca for official communication on Coronavirus (COVID-19) and UBC’s response.
UBC Vancouver Campus-wide Forum
Thank you to all students, faculty, staff and UBC community members who attended this forum on March 11. Watch this space for a video of the panel discussion, which will be posted shortly.
HOST A COMMUNITY DIALOGUE
We encourage faculties, departments, clubs and other UBC communities to organize dialogues in response to UBC’s Declaration on the Climate Emergency and shape the university’s response to the climate crisis.
To help you plan a community dialogue event, we have created a toolkit that includes an event checklist, key topics and a presentation template. We can also offer support with arranging a facilitator and access to virtual meeting tools.
Interested in hosting a community dialogue?
For more information about hosting a community dialogue contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPCOMING COMMUNITY DIALOGUES
The following UBC communities are currently planning community dialogues. Please contact Laura Chen (email@example.com) to update this list with your event details.
- AMS Sustainability
- Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Science (EOAS), EOAS Grad Council, and Earth Science Student Association
- International Relations Students Association and Political Science Students Association
- Pacific Venture Capital Club Competition (PVCC) and China-Canada Student Entrepreneurship Association (CCSEA)
- Residence Hall Association
- Science Undergraduate Society
- UBC Communications Portfolio
- UBC Campus and Community Planning
- UBC Ski & Board Club, Surf Club, and Varsity Outdoor Club
- UBC Thunderbirds Women’s Soccer Team
- Vancouver School of Economics Undergraduate Society
- Women in Engineering